Alooooooha!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
I'd like to re-introduce myself to DC members, my user name is Kaneohegirlinaz, broken down, that's
Kaneohe - the town that I am from (which btw means Thin Man) ~
Girl - well because I am one ~
In AZ - `cuz now we live in Arizona.
My friends simply refer to me as K-Girl, that they can remember. :LOL:

As for mentioned, I was born and raised in Kaneohe Oahu Hawaii, were I lived and worked until retirement, at which time DH (short for Dear Husband, that's how I refer to my husband) moved to Arizona --- retirement monies go a lot farther over here.
;)

After moving to the "Mainland", I needed to teach myself how to cook the dishes that we enjoyed back in Hawaii.

*Side note: Before we moved away from Oahu, I didn't need to cook the local dishes too often, that's because you could buy them at many shops for less money than it cost to make them.

Finding some of the ingredients has been a challenge, but I've found ways, as in, whenever we 'go back home', I bring along an extra suitcase to jam pack with goodies. :yum:
In addition, we like to take road trips that include California and Nevada, it's where the good stuff is! I can find pretty much any 'local food' that we're looking for there at the Asian Markets.

Road Trips, yes! That's another reason why DH and I came to the Contiguous USA and left our lifelong home … we wanted to travel. Car trips are part of our retirement and we love them. We've driven across the USA three times now!

But I digress from why we are all here, cooking.

I am a Home Cook with a lifetime of experience, well at least from the time that I was tall enough to reach to stovetop. I like doing research online to find recipes, ideas, and photos. I adore seeing folks' snapshots of their dishes and I like to post my own as well on different social media sites.

I author a Food Blog (which is linked below), but alas, I have not had much to say nor the time. The past six months have been a whirlwind of events. In turn, I have not been "online" here at DC either.

I will bring everyone up to speed in due time, I wouldn't want to be an 'Eager Beaver'. :LOL:

Hi K-girl. Yes, you have been missed. Welcome back.

Your post surprised me. From your previous posts, I thought youn were much younger, certainly not old enough to be retired. There was always that enthusiasm, and positive attitude of the young in what you said. You are certainly young at heart.

I am so glad that you and your DH are enjoying life, and spending time doing things together. And now, you are back with us on DC, sharing your adventures in life, and cooking with us. Again, welcome back.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom