A problem with a 7 in 1 Instant Pot maybe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bama-Rick

Senior Cook
I want to know if this has happened to anyone else and the outcome.. I've had my instant pot for about 6 months and love it however yesterday I was sautéing some onions in it after five minutes or so I hear a loud click and the instant pot goes dead. No lights, no nothing. After it cooled down unplugged for 20 minutes or so the themofuse reset, and the IP worked again..

After a bit of internet searching, I found these devices are protected by a themofuse, a circuit breaker that trips if it gets too hot. I found these fuses are sold on Amazon for $4 a pair and ordered a couple. So if it happens again, I'll replace the "faulty" part if I can figure out how to remove the tamperproof screws to fix the bottom cover to the pot. Replacement of the fuse itself looks pretty straight forward, sans the tamperproof screws.

My question is has this type of thing happen to any of you?
What was the outcome?
Did our pot have a long happy live after it cooled down, and the fuse reset its self or did this become an ongoing problem? (the pot shutting itself down).

For $4, I'd replace the fuses NOW and not wait for a next time.

I'm looking to replace my toaster. I don't want one that promises to burn bread in less than 3 seconds and butter it.

I'm debating on replacing the fuse when I get the new ones I ordered. However, the thought keeps going through my head that the themofuse is constructed to break the circuit if the temperature is over 365F/185C. It could have just been doing its job and functioning properly.. That is the main reason I asked if this happened to anyone else, so they could tell me what happened a little farther down the road.

I haven't received the fuses, yet that will probably take a few more days, in the meanwhile the IP seems to be it lights up and beeps, tomorrow I'll test it by making some spareribs in it and see how things go.. If I do end up replacing the fuse, I'll post how to picture here so if it happens to someone else, they will know what to replace and how to replace the fuse..

I saw your post about the 7 in 1 Instant Pot, and I feel your frustration. I've had mine for a while now, and thankfully, I haven't had any issues with it. But, if you're in need of some help, I stumbled upon a website called Music City Appliance Services (https://musiccityappliance.services/ ). They seem to be experts in fixing appliances and might be able to help you out with the issue you're facing.About the themofuse, it's great that you researched and found a solution. Props to you for being proactive! It's always a bummer when our beloved appliances give us trouble, but at least there's a simple fix available.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom