2023 Edition - What are you baking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This recipe was new to me.

The texture was heavy and moist similar to a pound cake. Some people might consider the texture a little ‘doughy’ but I enjoyed it. This recipe is an economical keeper for me.

I think it would be good split and filled with jam or served with a warm cornstarch based pudding sauce.

It’s an old fashioned winter day!

I stirred up a half recipe of this Emergency Cake and baked it in a 5” square Pyrex dish. I finished it with a chopped walnut, cinnamon sugar topping before putting it in the oven. I used Swerve instead of sugar.

I’m always interested in making something out of nothing and with the price of eggs these days it’s worth a try. Waiting impatiently for it to cool! ?

View attachment 63348
How did it turn out?

Oops. Didn't see the replies.

Two large loaves of WW bread, which is now sliced, baking at a low temperature, then broken up and processed in the food processor, then dried again, for bread crumbs.

Thank you. Would I be able to use a spring form pan for this? I don't think I will be able to left and turn a 12" cast iron pan. :(
Do you have a round cake pan? I think that would work better since you wouldn't have to worry about the batter leaking and it would release more smoothly than from a parchment or foil lining.

Do you have a round cake pan? I think that would work better since you wouldn't have to worry about the batter leaking and it would release more smoothly than from a parchment or foil lining.
I have 8” (and maybe 9” not positive) cake pans.

I don’t line my spring form pan. :oops:

I used a 10 inch skillet. It did not bleed over, but it filled up to the tip-top.

This is the first time I made this. It fell right out of the cast-iron and left some cherries behind, which were an easy fix.

Back
Top Bottom