2021 New Year's Eve and New Year's Day Menu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
What are you doing for New Year's?

I have a tentative menu, but not sure how much I'll get done. Been having some pain and feeling kind of lousy.

I'll post the complete menu of what we're having later or tomorrow.

For now, we will definitely be having sandwiches - I have bread, rolls, lettuce, tomatoes, meats and cheeses.

family will be having cheese fondue. I will have sous vide steak, seasoned with butter, salt, pepper, and chives, cooked to 120' F., then seared to develop some maillard browning after it is cut up. I might make a cheater demi glace for the fondue pot. That will go with some fresh broccoli, and cauliflower.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Happy New Year to everyone! :clap:

Standard NYE classics, chips and queso, Little Smokies pigs in blankets, that kind of stuff.

I have a small pork butt to braise and serve with sauerkraut and mashed potatoes for NYD.

CD

Happy New Year everyone.

I'll be putting out cheeses and cold cuts, some smoked salmon, bread and crackers, samosas, and maybe a tin of kippers.

I don't know everything we'll be eating, but I already cooked my sauce for Shrimp in Chipotle Sauce - a Bayless recipe, using his original salsa negra, which I always have in the fridge. Now I can just reheat it, and cook the shrimp in it briefly, and make tacos in toasted corn tortillas. We'll figure out some other things later, including the tequila!

I'm making lasagna for NYE. We'll have that with salad, Italian bread and butter...chocolate cake for dessert. Tomorrow, I'll make Hoppin' John and take some to MIL too. Other than that, we'll stay home and keep the TV or music turned up a bit too loud, just to cover the noises from fireworks and the like. Those noises can be upsetting to puppies. Especially scaredy-Cadie!

picgifs-happy-new-year-9612642.gif

I have a few other things I will make tomorrow.

But this is what I made today:
Macaroni Salad
Potato Salad
Olive salad
Kidney & Cannellini Bean Salad
Black Bean and Corn Salad/Salsa
Salsa
Onion Dip
Green Olive Tapenade
Bruschetta
Blue cheese dip
And an Italian hero.

Last edited:
Happy New Year everyone.

I'll be putting out cheeses and cold cuts, some smoked salmon, bread and crackers, samosas, and maybe a tin of kippers.

We forgot about the samosas, but didn't miss them. The kippers were on the table, but we didn't get to them. We had a mini-smørbrødsbord. There were two kinds of salami, Polish sausage, prosciutto, smoked salmon, and lettuce on the "meat plate". On the cheese plate: cheddar, cheddar curds, goat's milk feta, a locally made brie, and another local cheese called, "Le Mamirolle". The vegi plate had carrot sticks, radishes, pickled onions, and garlic dill pickles. The bread basket had wholewheat and sunflower seed bread, knækbrød (Wasa brand, crisp rye bread), and crackers. That was very enjoyable. Oh, and I almost forgot. There was Henkell Trocken (a German bubbly) to go with that. We saved half for midnight.

New Year's Eve smørbrødsbord.jpg

Last edited:
Hiya mofet. Hi folks. It's been a long time. I hope everyone and theirs are well.

Happy New Year!

We had a soup that I've come up with called McKale's Navy Bean soup (it has kale and navy beans in it) for a healthy starter, then lobster tails with ramekins of melted butter and Meyer lemon wedges, corn on the cob, and baked spuds with herb infused sour cream. Italian bread and Président butter on the side.

Right now, I'm having a hot gabagool and provolone sandwich and chips. Lemonade to wash it down.

I wanted to make Hoppin' John tomorrow, but I was voted down.

The winner for dinner was Thai style grilled cornish game hens from the 2022 ATK cookbook (a Christmas gift), and a Thai cuke salad.

Last edited:
Lol, CG.

Not quite yet.

Althoigh, I fit the old Irish saying that someday when I die, half of the people will be there to mourn me.
The rest to make sure I'm f'in dead.

Good to see yer kickin as well.

How's himself?

He's still kicking, too - but not for much longer if he doesn't get busy helping me get back to Ohio. I tell him it could be easier for me to move him if he's in an urn...

Just kidding!

Lol, CG.

Not quite yet.

Althoigh, I fit the old Irish saying that someday when I die, half of the people will be there to mourn me.
The rest to make sure I'm f'in dead.

Good to see yer kickin as well.

How's himself?

Unless you get famous, if you live long enough, there won't be a whole lot of people at your funeral. You will have outlived many or most of those who would have come.

BTW, nice to see you here. Welcome home.

May not seem like anything exciting, but for someone who has to watch carbs, made this a Cheat day with some of my simple favorites.
Cheese Hoagie on a Keiser Roll
Fries
Rice Krispie Treats ( not pictured, ate then up too quickly)

Happy New Year to absolutely everyone here! New friend, Old friends -

sending dragonettes to clean up everyone's kitchen after a long night of celebrating so you may all start the New Year with one less chore.

Happy New Year, all. :)

Keeping it simple today, we will make Kenji's Garlic noodles, served with shrimp of some sort. (haven't decided)

Welcome home, BT. :)

Ross

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom