2-28-2023 ~ National Pancake Day...Again?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Didn't we have one of these recently? Or  has it been a year? Anyway, no pancakes here - although I would not have been opposed to wrapping batter around my blueberries. Instead, I had them in a spinach salad with walnuts, Monterey jack, and champagne vinaigrette.
20230228_192610.jpg
We'll be eating in courses since Himself just had a donut a little bit ago and doesn't want a salad (it's too cold!), but BLT's and potato Puffs will follow.

What is supper where you're at?

I'm still eating soft foods after dental work.
Today green rice, of blended broccoli, brown basmati rice, seasoned with nectarine vinegar and a little salt. Seriously, this is bright fluorescent green, and would make a marvelous side for St. Pat's day!
Which is better, yesterday's kale green rice or today's broccoli green rice? The answer is, they are both very good. The kale has a little more bitter taste, the broccoli is a much milder taste. Good good good.

Blackberry nice-cream later.

I have some chicken drumsticks and thighs marinating in a suce made up from Chinese Plum Sauce by recipetineats. Sounds delish but not sure it's going to make it into the Toaster Oven tonight.
It's already 8:20, so think I'll just dig out some crackers to go along with my wine. :blush:

and some burrata I started the other day - guess I should finish that.
Where's my TV remote?

Didn't we have one of these recently? Or  has it been a year?

Yes we did, the 21st I believe. IHop declared today as their national pancake day.

We just snacked for dinner. Craig had a PT appointment and then we had to go to Miami for business. So, we decided to go to our favorite rib place. We each got a full rack of baby backs, fries and Texas Toast. Brought half home for another meal.

Haven’t been able to get tater tots/puffs around here in quite awhile. No clue why. :(

weird--i'm in NYS and have the same problem. i thought it was just my store. had to settle for something called "baby cakes"

I haven't seen them at Aldi in either CT or OH for months. Price Chopper had the McCain's Tasti Taters on sale...for $5.69 a 30-ounce bag. :cautious: I'll make homemade potato wedges from real potatoes (5# of russets were on sale for$2.50/5# bag) before I spend that much.

However, I found 2# bags of the Market Basket version this week. $3.69 a bag. Could not tell the difference from any other brand. Look for off brands/house brands and try. That might work out for you, too.

i found them at hannaford today but shoprite didn't even have an off-brand version

We had smoked salmon on bagels with cream cheese, sliced onion, capers, and pickles on the side.
You forgot the slice of beefsteak tomato. It's called Lox, Stock, and Bagels, made sort of famous by the Long Island Marriott Hotel's restaurant at least 40 years ago. Since then thew name has been purloined by different establishments all across the country.

You forgot the slice of beefsteak tomato. It's called Lox, Stock, and Bagels, made sort of famous by the Long Island Marriott Hotel's restaurant at least 40 years ago. Since then thew name has been purloined by different establishments all across the country.
Since tomato can make my arthritis worse and DH doesn't like raw tomato, this was not something we forgot. You can call it whatever you want. I will continue to call it cold smoked salmon. Lox is actually a word from Yiddish that just means salmon. Kinda obvious to someone who speaks a couple of Scandinavian languages, where the word for salmon is "laks" or "lax".

Since tomato can make my arthritis worse and DH doesn't like raw tomato, this was not something we forgot. You can call it whatever you want. I will continue to call it cold smoked salmon. Lox is actually a word from Yiddish that just means salmon. Kinda obvious to someone who speaks a couple of Scandinavian languages, where the word for salmon is "laks" or "lax".
LAX is the designation for the airport in Los Angles. It doesn't have anything to do with fish.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom