Avast catching malware sometimes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chubbs

Cook
It seems to happen more often when I open a link to see new posts from my hotmail.Thought I would let you know.I got a snip pic included.

Attachments

• gf.JPG
    gf.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 193
No doubt site management will pass that along to GoDaddy support and their site authors if there are other similar reports. Is the screen shot actually one from an emailed DC link? I suspect they would appreciate it if you save the full headers from that email. Avast can consider a site malicious for a number of reasons, either because it is reported and is in the database or because it thinks it detects something, like a faked certificate, for instance. It's not absolute that the site is malicious, just as it's not certain to recognize all malicious sites. That one is in India, and India has something like a quarter of all zombies. I don't know how broad the database casts it's net. That domain, the Indian one, is registered to a Canadian address and also associated with some Russians, number five on the zombie list. And of course, if the linked page has an internal link to a perceived malicious site, that might also trigger Avast.

You may wish to scan your system at this point.

Where exactly is the link you click that produces this?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom